Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Crow remake, please lets stop it from happening

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

nightelvesreasy

nightelvesreasy

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Preparing for the zombie apocalypse, because we all know, it is coming, world war z is upon us.
Please for the love of god, everyone sign this petition, they are remaking the original The Crow, and Mark Wahlberg is going to be Eric Draven. This is a disgrace to the legacy of Brandon Lee, I did not make this petition, but I signed it, The Crow is the greatest movie ever made, R.I.P. Brandon Lee.......I mean its just wrong, Mark Wahlberg didn't even do a good job as Max Payne, if this movie happens, Brandon Lee will be spinning in his grave.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/22096 - Here is the story

http://www.petitiononline.com/TheCrow/petition.html - and here is the petition
Twilight: The story of a girl's choice between beastality and necrophilia

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

Friends don't let friends kill people.?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:HvZ, nerf guns, graduating college, Islam, music, concerts, things.
Well hopefully he declines the role.
Nothing quite brings out the zest for life in a person like the thought of their impending death." -Nny
"touching, informative, inspirational, secondshifters"

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
Here's an even scarier thing...a remake of Highlander using any of the "modern" male movie stars.
I don't think any of them could really do Connor MacLeod or Ramirez or Kurgan.

But yeah, Walburg isn't right for that part.

style1,Starphoenix.png

http://www.aardwolf.com

I'm a good cook, really!

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

The Sneetches And Other Stories

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name.
Signed. :)

Posted Image
Posted ImageI see what you did there.Posted Image
Posted ImageA fractured mind is a beautiful thing.Posted Image
Posted ImageThe internet is for...Posted Image
"If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different, I'd rather be completely fucking mental!"
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

We're all born the same way: wet, cold, and screaming; life is just as messy as death.
We all eat, drink, piss, shit, fuck, and die. Someone mind tellin' me the punch line?

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street

• Members
  • 442 posts

The "Legacy of Brandon Lee"? In case anyone forgot, he was killed in the first one, and another person played his role in, count 'em, 2 other sequels.

So why, Oh why, is it such a big problem now?

HollyWood has the money to create and recreate virtually whatever the hell it wants, however many times it wants, untill the boob suckling dumbasses known as average society get tired of it.

Seriously, this is not something to cry about. there are far worse things going on in the world, than a petition for something so juvenile as this.
Doesn't ANYONE, keep up with world politics anymore? Wait, better question, can anyone read between the lines of world politics anymore?

Brandon Lee was an awesome actor, I own all The Crow movies too, but lets face it, the only people that are still missing him (part from possibly family)
are little girls with crushes then and now, and Emos.

There, now you may all get mad at me.

The Crow: City of Angels had a guy named Ashe, not Eric Draven. But the same girl from the first movie supposedly was there. I dunno of that was the 2nd or 3rd movie though (I think they made three)

style1,Starphoenix.png

http://www.aardwolf.com

I'm a good cook, really!

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

• Members
  • 507 posts
It's a matter of opinion, true. However, entertainment defines our lives as much as work, war, and politics do - and really, are any of these things completely independent of the others? War is completely about politics, politics defines what we can do for a living and where the jobs are as much (if not more) as the economy does, and entertainment keeps us from being so completely burnt out by the other three that we all commit crimes. It's a known fact that places without entertainment tend to have higher crime rates, greater unemployment rates, and steeper city/state/federal debts (as the city/state/federal governments are trying to keep workers happy while trying to keep themselves in business).

It's also true that nothing/no one can please everyone and that a variety of entertainment is necessary to please large groups of people. However, it's just as true that some pieces of entertainment are considered masterpieces by most and cannon fodder by the rest. I never watched the sequels to The Crow, but I considered it a very well-done movie. I also love the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and I refuse to see the remake - because however good it might be, it's not the original masterpiece that I remember and love. The new one, to me, is just another weird movie. The Karate Kid is another example; I don't like a number of things about the remake.

Now bear this in mind: if we didn't discuss entertainment, what would be next? Politics...which would lead to war, which would affect our work - which, in turn, would affect our play. And really, we do that anyway.

So how are such things irrelevant or unimportant?

Posted Image
"If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different, I'd rather be completely fucking mental!"
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

We're all born the same way: wet, cold, and screaming; life is just as messy as death.
We all eat, drink, piss, shit, fuck, and die. Someone mind tellin' me the punch line?

Cyrus

Cyrus

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:Being the best husband and father I can be. Playing bass. Writing. Spending Money.
It really is nothing to be getting worked up over. Everyone has valid points, but there is something we all need to know and understand. The business of entertainment has come to a stand still. There are no good ideas, and besides that there are not new or original ideas. Rehashing movies is just something the business has to do. Take The Crow and a little known movie called The Curve for examples here... If it was not for those movies I would not have heard certain music or (in my opinion) been brought to a certain light of lifestyle. But I know deep down a lot of the kids in the new generations now and to come won't watch these movies on their own. They may never be exposed to them at all. A small way of bringing people to an ideal or just good damn entertainment is to retell a story so that the new generation will enjoy it. I could sit here and moan and groan about how my icons, my masterful movie moments, and my life point realizations in life are being attacked by the rehashings of all the movies I knew and loved. But I am happy with what I have, happy with what I know. They may make a rehashing of The Crow...that's fine. If you boycott it then you have nothing to fear...just enjoy the movie you know and love and leave the new movie for the people that will know it and love it for theirs. It's all opinions, it's all ideals...and who cares who started it, did it first, or was original...the point is that it is there and it makes people happy. The Crow being remade is not gonna kill you, just think of it as another step in keeping the crime rates down and wars from happening.

If any of this is making sense I will be amazed...sometimes my brain thinks a hell of a lot faster than I can type....

THE ENRAGED MONKEY!!!

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE AND MONKEYS DO TOO (if they've got a gun)

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

• Members
  • 507 posts
Lol. I know that feeling. But yeah, it makes sense. I'm just saying that I'm not a fan of remakes (unless the original was really bad, like in Fahrenheit 451 - they badly need to remake that one, if they haven't already).

Posted Image
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users