Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bin Laden Confirmed Dead

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Atnevon

Atnevon

The Architect

• Admin
  • 5,673 posts
I'd normally post a link, but there are just too many going up right now to name just one. Pick any news website you want as a source on this one, as they're all covering it.

Obama announced tonight that Osama Bin Laden has in fact been confirmed dead as a result of a firefight in Pakistan. It's quite a lot to come home to for me tonight, and I don't know quite what to say about it, except that I hope that this can serve as a point where people can find a little much deserved peace and closure to what happened almost 10 years ago, especially for those that lost someone close to them.

What are your reactions to the news?
The sky was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel. - William Gibson

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

I'd normally post a link, but there are just too many going up right now to name just one. Pick any news website you want as a source on this one, as they're all covering it.

Obama announced tonight that Osama Bin Laden has in fact been confirmed dead as a result of a firefight in Pakistan. It's quite a lot to come home to for me tonight, and I don't know quite what to say about it, except that I hope that this can serve as a point where people can find a little much deserved peace and closure to what happened almost 10 years ago, especially for those that lost someone close to them.

What are your reactions to the news?

He was killed by remote-controlled drones oddly enough.
On the one hand I'm glad he's dead, but you think about it...he probably turned over power a
while ago. He's going to be martyred by the Islamic extremists.

A new leader will emerge in like a month with a renewed anti-American movement.
It didn't solve anything, just gives Obama a feather in his cap to get re-elected. And give people
a moment to cheer and wave their flags. Meanwhile, the soldiers are still out fighting pointless
battles.

So yeah, good job killing the asshole. But now will they stop or keep going and get rid of the
other leaders before someone can take over ?

I'd rather the government say we stopped paying for foreign oil than to hear one bastard died.
Just me. that and the soldiers came home to fight the real war at the mexican border. would love
to see a militarized effort there.

anyways, sorry for the ramble, it's late, i'm grumpy and Sanctuary still hasn't been on the air
*hinthinthint*

style1,Starphoenix.png

http://www.aardwolf.com

I'm a good cook, really!

Opticallusion

Opticallusion

The Cat In The Hat Comes Back

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
I've had such a row with so many of my friends over this news. One has even stopped talking to me over the last couple of days because I didn't share his extreme joy. >.<

I'm also hearing conflicting reports on how he died. Initially I heard it was a bomb, now i'm hearing it was a Navy Seal who shot him. I personally avoid reading or listening to the news cause half of them are contradicting the other half on everything. So what I hear comes from other people mostly.

People on my facebook page have gone freaking insane, talking about dragging his body behind the president's limo and feeding his body to pigs cause Muslims don't like pigs. Racist much??

Did he need to be captured? Yes. He needed to be punished for what he did. But death was just a release for him, and something for his people to rally behind.

Was he still in power? no, probably not. He was a figurehead around which the real leaders rallied the troops.

Will his people retaliate? Most likely. From their stand point it wasn't an ending of something he started years ago, but just another step in an ongoing battle.

Will this bring peace? See above. No, it won't. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if things really went to hell now. Every time something like this happens it just escalates, and escalates, and escalates. It will NEVER be over, unless someone can step up and say that's it, I'm not doing this anymore.
Which will never happen, because we as a nation are too concerned with revenge and retribution. Which while I don't agree with it per se, I do understand.

This whole mess is just that, a huge mess. Thousands of innocent people have died in our quest to find and kill him, and thousands more will die because we finally did.

Sorry if this is incoherent or rambling, I've been up for hours (needlessly it turned out), and I'm tired.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that" -- Martin Luther King, Jr
just give me a minute, i'm thinking...

Posted Image

Starphoenix Koroias

Starphoenix Koroias

And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street

• Members
  • 442 posts
But we all know who really killed Bin Laden.
It was TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE!!

Yeah those puppets kick ass you know.
Valmorphication for the win!

Yeah, so they blew up Paris in the process. But civilians rest easy, the terrorists are dead.

America? Fuck yeah!

(lol sorry, sarcasm took over)

style1,Starphoenix.png

http://www.aardwolf.com

I'm a good cook, really!

Shattered Skulls

Shattered Skulls

The Sneetches And Other Stories

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name.
I never heard about the bomb, but I'm glad the mass-murdering bastard's dead. I hope he rots in hell and his 72 virgins are all big, sweaty men with BDSM fetishes.

Posted Image
Posted ImageI see what you did there.Posted Image
Posted ImageA fractured mind is a beautiful thing.Posted Image
Posted ImageThe internet is for...Posted Image
"If being sane is thinking there's something wrong with being different, I'd rather be completely fucking mental!"
(Angelina Jolie)

Posted Image

We're all born the same way: wet, cold, and screaming; life is just as messy as death.
We all eat, drink, piss, shit, fuck, and die. Someone mind tellin' me the punch line?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users