Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

...Europe...

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Armand

Armand

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
...since I feel like talking politics today....hit me with your point of view....
...should Europe unite and exist as one big country?...or remain as it is...an alliance ?.....

Armand

Armand

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 229 posts
...guess all of you are americans..:P...still...what do you think...hit me with your opinions....

MythicMMM

MythicMMM

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:well, if you can name it, I have probably either thought about it, attempted it, or have already done it...
Europeans are odd...

Senseless

Senseless

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Science, The history of Japan, Music, and the Darkness
yes they should....i dont like there being so many different places....its too confusing

PanDora

PanDora

#1 Shifters Whore

• Members
  • 233 posts
Confusion is a terrible reason to make such a big change...in my humble opinion.
-Proud member of the AHCC.

I have an "'I RULE THE WORLD AND YOU CAN SUCK MY ANUS!" sticker, compliments of the Countess. Fear me.

...but you don't have to suck my anus; complete submission will suffice.

Olivia Cainin

Olivia Cainin

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • 98 posts
Hey Armand.... nice to see you. Just never know where you are going to run into a familiar face ... ~smiles~

Well ... I do not live in Europe ... as you know ... so it is difficult for me attatch an emotional or personal side to the issue. And lets face is ... there would I suspect be a huge emotional issue involved.

I guess in thinking about it... I would have to wonder if people would be able to put aside their stereotypes and the history they bring to the table .... in a goal for a European union.

I would also wonder .... if the "power" ... so to speak and therefore the policy making .... wouldn't just find itself divided among representatives from the larger countries. Would the small countries ... really benefit by getting a stronger voice .... improved economics... etc. There would I think ... also be the issue of national sovereignty. I can see how.... from an economic standpoint ... why a European union would be desired ... it certainly presents a huge single market.

It is a difficult question... and would I suspect prove to be an even more difficult undertaking. As to whether or not those difficulities would pale when placed against the benefits ... I suspect that would be known.... only over the course of time.

Armand

Armand

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 229 posts
...mythicMMM...ok...europeans are odd...why?...what makes them odd?...

...PanDora....you are for one big country...or against...

...*smiling kindly*...Olivia...as you probabily know...there is an European Union...however...inside it there are still separate countryes...each country inside the union has it's own government...but...there is also an European Parliament in Bruxelles...and yes..it is a difficult question...still...in your opinion...should Europe be one large country?...one government...no country borders?...or not....

Court

Court

I Am The Law!

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:this, yea, i LOVE DJing its so fun! and its nice to show everyone some real tunes!
:unsure: :blink: :blink: :blink: uhhhhhhh...... :blink: :blink: :blink:
I choose answer C....

:unsure: :blink:

????

*sniffs* somethings burning....can't think....to much...going to implode.... :huh:

Doe Bathory

Doe Bathory

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC!<br>Trying to convince everyone that I'm not this perverted, sensual, erotic mistress of sex and debauchery.<br>Writing.<br>Mocking the afflicted.<br>Having a problem with every kind of authority there is.
I would say that I definitely do not want all the European countries to become just one big one. I already hate the fact that my country (England) is part of the European Union so that extra step would do my head in. That, by the way, is not my way of saying that I hate Europeans, and I don't think that I'm the only member country with a right to grouse about it; I hate the loss of individuality and the fact that someone in another country can actually effect the laws in my own and I think that could apply to anyone within the Union. The fact that Brussels has just made it illegal for any country to ban genetically modified crops is disgusting and to my mind is the last straw. I want my country to get the hell out of Europe, not further in.
The heart that I love must have wild places.

user posted image

Mourning Angel

Mourning Angel

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 44 posts
well..I dont have the proper education to really comment on this, but...I would have to say I think they should be one big happy country...*dream on, huh*...
I have my personal reasons for thinking such....
but my ignorance in the political format causes me to simply state my humble opinion..and of course opinions are like assholes..everyone has one!!!....

eh, not much inlightenment on my end of the spectrum.....sorry...

---------------------
"I am not crazy...You have been mislead!!!" :blink:

.....Always Armands Angel.....

PanDora

PanDora

#1 Shifters Whore

• Members
  • 233 posts
For the saken of being short and sweet, against.

Well...okay, maybe it wasn't sweet, and it's slowly losing it's shortness, but you get the point.

I have an "'I RULE THE WORLD AND YOU CAN SUCK MY ANUS!" sticker, compliments of the Countess. Fear me.

MythicMMM

MythicMMM

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:well, if you can name it, I have probably either thought about it, attempted it, or have already done it...

...mythicMMM...ok...europeans are odd...why?...what makes them odd?...

...PanDora....you are for one big country...or against...

...*smiling kindly*...Olivia...as you probabily know...there is an European Union...however...inside it there are still separate countryes...each country inside the union has it's own government...but...there is also an European Parliament in Bruxelles...and yes..it is a difficult question...still...in your opinion...should Europe be one large country?...one government...no country borders?...or not....

Myth is all that is needed

aside from them being odd (french toast isn't french, pasta didn't come from italy? there was something else I can't remember about people from spain not being spainards in where ever that was -.- ).. there is no reason to poke and prod at what we think they should or shouldnt do.. they will eventually choose to form a whole country or not. they are still doing ok so far, nothing big is blown up and hell still freezes over every winter.

and that is all I have to say.

Armand

Armand

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 229 posts
...nice answer Court... :ph34r: ...

...Doe Bathory...do you really thing you'd loose your individuality as a country?...

...lol...Kimmy...lol...indeed..everyone has an asshole..and an opinion...and hun...the whole unification thing...it will happen....just not too soon..

...Pandora...you lost me..:P...

...gotcha mythicmmm... B) ...

PanDora

PanDora

#1 Shifters Whore

• Members
  • 233 posts
ha ha ha...sorry, hon. *hands Armand a map*

Armand

Armand

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 229 posts
...*turns the map around...again...and again*...damn it...I can't read no maps... :blink: ...

Spider

Spider

The Forum Idiot

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:IM me and we will chat.
hm... i say jsut leave it As Is
An it harm none, do what thou wilt.
-Wiccan's Rede

Armand

Armand

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 229 posts
...Spider...can you tell me why do you want it to remain as it is now?...

Kane

Kane

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 2 posts
As a European I would like to see a Europe with close economic ties and a unified voice concerning foreign politics. The first part is already a reality, the second, alas, is not yet achieved. But in my opinion it should also stay an alliance of independent, sovereign states. Diversity makes things interesting, unity makes you strong. Europe needs a mix of both and the EU is still quite a bit away from that. Apart from that I'm grateful to live in a union with countries which share so much history and culture but which are still so pleasantly different from each other.

PanDora

PanDora

#1 Shifters Whore

• Members
  • 233 posts
Well said, Kane. I agree. Europe could use more unity, but the independant countries shouldn't necessarily be made into one big one.

Spider

Spider

The Forum Idiot

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:IM me and we will chat.
Because its not hurting us. Who cares anyhow?
An it harm none, do what thou wilt.
-Wiccan's Rede

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users