Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Twelfth of Never-Things that Were

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Akylore

Akylore

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Metal, finishing my Astronomy degree, Singing in a metal band, Metal, Writing Graphic Novels, Playing "Vampire: The Masquerade" (Live Action LARP,) Metal, making fun of bad mainstream music, playing D&D, Metal, classical music, darkwave music, gothic aesthetics and ambience.....did I mention I sing in a metal band?.....Metal....
Hmm...funny how although I'm mostly into black metal, sometimes when you're feeling depressed/stressed/melancholic it's time to slow down a bit. So after having a bad show a while ago (I got the flu) I decided to check out this album, and I must say, it's very soothing. I'm into a few others consisting of Theater of Tragedy, Rain Fell Within, Tristania and such, but there's usually not too many bands with chick vocals that I like. This is very worth checking out, makes me feel like I'm in an ethereal sanctuary of empathy or some weird shit like that. Grab it.
http://www.darksymphonies.com
I also grabbed the Autumn Tears CD's a couple years back, very worth checking out. Neoclassical music w/ chick vocals.

VidimirRTBH

VidimirRTBH

Horton Hears A Who

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my wife and 2 daughters. Industrial, metal and goth music. Hockey and football.
Thanks Akylore, I'll check them out.

You like Otep at all? They're pretty hard and she's got a killer growl.

quantumdots

quantumdots

Almost Eric, personification of charm and wit

• Members
  • 18 posts
Rain Fell within - great band, shame they broke up, but they all seem to be off doing new things
Theater of Tragedy - like 'em too, but what the hell are they doing these days? The female vocalist split recently and it seems they really want to be a techno band.

worth checking out: After Forever, 3rd and the Mortal.

Oh, Water played some band called Seasons of Sorrow. Although they don't have a femaile vocalist, they were pretty good too.

Akylore

Akylore

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Metal, finishing my Astronomy degree, Singing in a metal band, Metal, Writing Graphic Novels, Playing "Vampire: The Masquerade" (Live Action LARP,) Metal, making fun of bad mainstream music, playing D&D, Metal, classical music, darkwave music, gothic aesthetics and ambience.....did I mention I sing in a metal band?.....Metal....

Oh, Water played some band called Seasons of Sorrow. Although they don't have a femaile vocalist, they were pretty good too.

Yeah SOS is pretty sweet, but I hear the singer's a fuckin' jerk. *lol* :lol: :lol:
I agree with you on TOT, their first self-titled album, 'Velvet Darkness They Fear,' and 'Aegis' are the only 3 albums I like.
I've heard of 'After Forever,' I gotta check 'em out. Heard a lot about 'Otep' too...

quantumdots

quantumdots

Almost Eric, personification of charm and wit

• Members
  • 18 posts
so Akylore, curious to hear your thoughts on new Akercocke album? I assume you like it somewhat since it is on your top 10 list. I just read a good review of it, thinking about picking it up.

Akylore

Akylore

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 262 posts

so Akylore, curious to hear your thoughts on new Akercocke album? I assume you like it somewhat since it is on your top 10 list. I just read a good review of it, thinking about picking it up.

Ohhhhhh, DUUUUUUUDE!!! To save time I'll direct you to my past review, it should be on one of the older pages of this 'Music' section of the Secondshifters forums (I had started a thread about this album a month or so ago.) But seriously, I'm stuck on it, I literally can't pry it from my CD player, it's so good!!! Akercocke is easily the most 'progressive' satanic black metal bands ever, and the new one has a lot more in the way of ambience; the prescence of clean vocals on 'Leviathan' is amazing!!

Akylore

Akylore

Green Eggs And Ham

• Members
  • 262 posts
Yeah, if you click on 'Last 60 Days' you should be able to find it on page 3...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users