Welcome to Second Shifters Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

vampires

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

fuckitItsallgravy

fuckitItsallgravy

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 posts
:ph34r: does anybody know if vampires are real..........(for a fact, not opinion)

fuckitItsallgravy

fuckitItsallgravy

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 2 posts
I'm a chick not a dude

Sketch_OBrien

Sketch_OBrien

I AM Mr. Nightmare!

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:A lot has changed since I was last here. My interests haven't changed much. I do miss the old days but there's always a silver lining. Good to see secondshifters is still going strong.
Hey there. First off let me warn you that a large majority of the answer you are going to get to this question will be opinion as "facts" are hard to come by on this subject. That being said I will try and leave my opinion out.

The problem with gathering facts on this is that it is hard for the public to seperate the idea of vampires from the myths rooted in folk lore and the bad reputation of an over zealous transylvanian military leader. By standard definition, vampire are a species that are imortal, must feed on living blood as their primary source of nutrition and have a terminal (fatal) aversion to exposure to UV rays. (sunlight)

This is the myth. Now serperately there are beings that have one, maybe two of these symptoms. There are very rare skin conditions that prevent some people from being able to be exposed to sunlight without sever and immediate burning of the skin. These subjects have a very typical "dead" look about them as their skin lacks pigmentation, and must spend most of their life in doors. Likewise, there are also some rare blood conditions that require constant transfusion as the patient's system is unable to produce the right amount of red blood cells to remain healthy on their own.

Now more closely aligned with the folk lore is the psycological condition known as "Renfeld's syndrome". This is the belief that in order to survive you must feed on living blood. The psychosis is so deeply rooted in the subjects mind that if they do not feed on living blood (or at the very least seek treatment) they undergo symptoms very similar to withdrawl. This (to me) makes this the most real example as this condition poses the very real threat of the mythical dangers of vampire. The condition makes it "real" to them which makes them dangerous to others.

As far as the the actual exsistance of the supernatural variety, all I can say is that very little, if any, proof has been brought to light to prove their exsistance, therefor anything you will hear on that subject will mostly be opinion. I hope this helps.
Sketch... kid tested. Mother approved. Low in sugar, high in protein. The fun part of a balanced breakfast.[B]

Dragopyre

Dragopyre

Yertle The Turtle

• Members
  • 159 posts
my opinion is the vampires your probably talking about, super human strength, imortal blah blah blah, do not exist, as much as i wish they would they do not, i can't think of any facts toward their existance the closest you'll get to a vampire is probably someone who thinks they're a vampire, never goes out in light n drinks blood cuz they want to not cuz they have to
If You Were Me I'd Hate You Too

bloodbane

bloodbane

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 6 posts

:ph34r: does anybody know if vampires are real..........(for a fact, not opinion)

yes, they are very real and are among us.

Black_Light_101*

Black_Light_101*

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 3 posts
It's hard 2 say. My opinion is yes. They're proubly watching us right now.
:ph34r: As a matter of fact yes, i should know. :angry:

Protocol

Protocol

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
Vampires... (Specifically in terms of the word and it's definition) did not exist, until they were created and made public by one Bram Stoker.

However, there have always been monsters.

Throughout history and all through the world, there have been many tales of demons, and monsters who would destroy the living and take their blood for sustenance.

In Hungary in the mid 16 and 17th centuries the vampyre myth was very much alive then. It's simply been made more acceptable by books and films, and by romanticing the concept of mortal man or woman, made immortal, but giving up their life to become wholely evil.

You could even compare the romanticism of the vampyre mythos with Frankenstein and his creator. In making the vampyre myth one of dark forbidden romances we have created our own monster, and if we find a mirror we see our own fear of mortality grinning back at us with blood stained lips, and a hunger for ever lasting life.

Vampyres do not exist, but monsters do. Go find a mirror and take a long look.

Protocol.

Vore

Vore

Lord Ego

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:All things the body and mind can encompass whilst holding a bottle of Absinth..<br>
*dramatic music and blowing of winds*
The Nephalym still walk this earth..names and labels do not change their natures for they are the atrocities of Gods first children who are all monsters.

One of them lives next door to a mate of mine and is called Barry..he's a monster.

However it's not them you need to worry about...

Beowulf tells of 'The Sons of Kain' Kain being the Bible figure who killed his brother Able...then there's the children of Lillith...the true first woman on an equel footing with Adam who was banished for refusing to answer to him...both of which create monsters, demons, evil spirits etc..

Then there's the fallen angels, the avenging angels like Loki, the everyday demons who plague the earth and at some point possibly the opening of the Abyss followed by an army led by ME! I'm looking forward to the highjinx already...I shall rule the Earth for three and a half years apparently...
Please allow me to introduce myself...I'm a man of wealth and taste:Sympathy for the Devil

'Illa fuga rupes, et loca tuta petit.'

http://vore.deviantart.com/

Protocol

Protocol

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
Yeah, ok.

Vore

Vore

Lord Ego

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:All things the body and mind can encompass whilst holding a bottle of Absinth..<br>
I shall show you soon enough...soon...so soon.

Ha Ha Ha heh heh ahem...

What is reality but your mind trying to envelop infinity in a dream...are dreams real?
Please allow me to introduce myself...I'm a man of wealth and taste:Sympathy for the Devil

Vore

Vore

Lord Ego

• Members
  • 132 posts
Morbius?

Morphius is currently sueing for the damages to his character done by that movie...

There is no choice between dreams and reality as in The Matrix..there is only the pill of illusion because reality is too large to swallow.

Protocol

Protocol

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
LOL you missed the joke V.

She said Mobius (Mobius strip) doh!

Still she makes a good point. You have no proof of vampyres, whether in this country or any other. It's all mythos, and an easily understood one. No one wishes to die, not really, so we invent mortality, but you cheat death by doing so, and you cheat God and religion (Which is a corner stone of our society) so our guilt has to be assuaged somehow, so we punish our imagination for conjuring up a way to cheat death, by souring the milk as it were. Or if you like 'poisoning the well'

Immortality is available, but the cost is high.

Protocol.

Devora

Devora

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 4 posts
okay? :unsure:

Devora

Devora

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 4 posts
oOoOoOoOoO
o :ph34r:

Protocol

Protocol

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
LMAO I like Atnevon's new name. Ate-nevon.

I think it's catchy! :D

P.

darkvampess

darkvampess

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 2 posts
iam what they would call a vampire.....night time is my life.........blood is my food suply.........crosses are all a myth they do not harm vampires.........it makes me laugh when poeple try to become one and regret it when they do....to have such power gives such rush....for all humans fear us....why

n_joy_n_sorrow

n_joy_n_sorrow

Friends don't let friends kill people.?

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:HvZ, nerf guns, graduating college, Islam, music, concerts, things.
So you're not human? HAHAHHAHA I find that fascinating. I really do. You drink blood do you? That's great. I have freaky a fetish where i like to be cut during sex and then suck the blood off but that dosn't make me a vampire, no.
I think you need some help in defining yourself
Nothing quite brings out the zest for life in a person like the thought of their impending death." -Nny
"touching, informative, inspirational, secondshifters"

Protocol

Protocol

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 1 posts
*shakes head*

Sorrow you need help, or lessons in humour.

Vampess? You simply need psychotherapy, and a lesson in the difference between reality and psychosis.

Protocol.

Hellcat

Hellcat

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 0 posts

iam what they would call a vampire.....night time is my life.........blood is my food suply.........crosses are all a myth they do not harm vampires.........it makes me laugh when poeple try to become one and regret it when they do....to have such power gives such rush....for all humans fear us....why

Someone needs to tell me that the post I am quoting is kidding. The poster is kidding, right? RIGHT???

I have freaky a fetish where i like to be cut during sex and then suck the blood off but that dosn't make me a vampire, no.

n_joy. I forsee a very short lifespan for you if this is the type of behaviour you exhibit whilst making love.

I think you need some help in defining yourself

And I'm beginning to think that you are the one in need of help, n_joy.

Hellcat

Hellcat

Horton Hatches The Egg

• Members
  • 0 posts
S/he won't be able to. Know why? Because there is no such malady. Schmucks like this just wanna be 'kewl', Water. You know that! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users